Structural Integrity That Won't Ruin Your View
Cable Bullet handrail is designed to provide the strongest possible top rail, with the least visual obstruction. The high-strength T-6061 aluminum and reinforced design allow this handrail to span 7-9 ft with minimal deflection under load! Extend your runs, and space your more expensive, bulkier support posts further apart without worrying about the structural integrity of your railing or the cost to your wallet.
Additionally, Cable Bullet handrail meets IRC guidelines for grip-size, making it not only a structural top rail for your deck or landing, but also a seamless, modern handrail for your stairways or ramps.
Clean, Continuous Spans With Fewer Custom Cuts
In order to create a clean, continuous top rail, our handrail was designed to be easily pieced together using structural aluminum splines. These heavy-duty splines allow you to connect your handrail pieces at any point along your run, regardless of where you place your structural posts! Handrail pieces joined using structural aluminum splines do not need to be supported at the joint. As an added benefit, splines are hidden from view, so you won’t need bulky covers that sit on top of your handrail.
All handrail is sold in 93” lengths and can be cut down on-site as needed. To join corners, use Delrin plastic corner splines. For complex handrail angles, use 18" spline stock to make any custom spline necessary to meet your project specifications.
- Reinforced design allows for 7-9 ft spans between posts.
- Piece together continuous runs using heavy-duty aluminum splines that don't require underlying structural support!
- Meets IRC guidelines for handrail grip-size for use on stair runs.
- No bulky rail caps! Connect handrail pieces with concealed internal splines for a clean, finished look.
- Available in durable, architectural grade flat black, fine texture or flat white, fine texture powder-coat.
- Avoid costly oversize or freight delivery charges - 93” sticks are sized to meet UPS Ground specifications.
What tools & supplies will I need to install my handrail?
- Matching handrail end caps
- Handrail mounting screws
- Splines for aluminum handrail (includes spline screws)
- Painter's tape
- Fine metal file
- Touch-up paint aerosol (optional)
- Drill/impact driver (with 5/32” drill bit)
- Miter saw & non-ferrous metal cutting blade
- Tape measure
- 3/16" Allen wrench
- 1/8" Allen wrench
- Angle finder (stair runs)
- Mallet (setting fixed corner splines in place)
- T-bevel (setting angle of adjustable splines)
How much handrail do I need for my project?
Count the total linear inches of railing you have, divide by 93, and round up to get a rough estimate of how many handrail pieces you'll need to order for your project.
Aluminum Handrail Splines are available in:
Before Getting Started
Almost all handrail will require some on-site customization. Depending on your layout, installing the handrail may require advanced skills in measuring, cutting, and basic metalwork. If you're not comfortable with your abilities in these areas, we recommend that you consult a local contractor to help complete the project to your specifications.
PLEASE NOTE: Aluminum posts and handrail are NOT suitable for use in exterior coastal applications. Signature series railing is designed for inland exterior and interior projects. Exposure to salt will cause accelerated oxidation and galvanic corrosion between aluminum and stainless components.
How to Install Aluminum Handrail on Signature Series Posts
Web Guide >
Setup Guide: Reinforced Aluminum Handrail
Download PDF >
Stair Rail Design: Post Layout & Handrail Options
Download PDF >
||Recommended for interior & inland exterior projects
||Type 6061 Aluminum
|Color Option 1
||Flat Black Fine Texture, AR400 Jet Black Tex Architectural Grade Powder Coat*
|Color Option 2
||Flat White Fine Texture, Architectural Grade Powder Coat*
|Height x Width
||1.240" x 1.920"
||0.225" Sides, 0.225" top/bottom
*Powder coat colors can vary slightly by production run. Recommended for use in architectural applications where enhanced levels of exterior weatherability are required. This product meets requirements for AAMA 2604 as per the American Architectural Manufacturers Association.